At Young Global Living, accessible from younggloballiving.com, a B2C label of Short Stay Citizens B.V., one of our main priorities is the privacy of our visitors. Personal data are processed securely and with great due care. We adhere to the Global Data Protection Regulation and the Dutch Data Protection Act.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
We are a Data Controller of your information and we are responsible for your personal data (referred to as “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice).
- Young Global Living needs to perform a contract with you
- You have given Young Global Living permission to do so
- Processing your personal information is in Young Global Living’s legitimate interests
- Young Global Living needs to comply with the law
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. If you wish to be informed what Personal Information we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or delete the information we have on you.
- The right of rectification.
- The right to object.
- The right of restriction.
- The right to data portability
- The right to withdraw consent
When do we collect data?
There are two instances when we collect data:
- When visiting the website: younggloballving.com
- When signing up and/or logging in on the website: younggloballiving.com
What data do we collect?
Personal identification and contact data such as: first name, last name, username, gender, email address, phone number, marital status, title, and date of birth.
Personal identification number in case our coliving operators require it for bookings
Where you are employed in case you are booking on behalf of your work
Financial and transaction data that may include your bank account and payment card details only when a booking is paid for
Technical data may include your browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, time zone setting and location, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this site. The information collected by log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks.
Feedback and survey data responses when asked for
Usage data may include information about how you use our website, products and services.
Marketing and communications data may include your preferences in receiving marketing communications from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
By using our service, you will provide us with your data, when you book accommodation for a coliving space for example. That data can be personal data: data that can be directly or indirectly traced back to you. We only store and process the personal data that you provided us with.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide us with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Subscribing to the website and becoming a member
- Subscribe to our newsletter
- Signup for an online event
- When you inquire using the Contact Us form on our website
- When you email us directly
- When you use our service
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
We may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
- Relocation agencies that you hired for relocation purposes and that use our service for coliving accommodations.
- Travel management agencies that you hired for travel purposes and that use our service for coliving accommodations.
- Calamities agencies that you hired and that use our service for coliving accommodations.
How will we use your data?
- Young Global Living will process your personal data for the following purposes:
- Your e-mail address is used for our newsletters if you are subscribed.
- Your e-mail address may be used for surveys and other feedback purposes.
- Process your inquiry, and manage your account and bookings.
- To email you with special offers on services we think you might like if you subscribed to the newsletter.
- We use your personal data for the booking of accommodations. We may disclose this information to our coliving operators for bookings.
- In case you provide us with contact information for a question or inquiry, we will only use your information for answering your question or following up on your inquiry.
- Your payment information is only used to process payments.
- We may use personal data on an aggregated and anonymized level for our statistical purposes.
- We may transfer your personal data that we collected, internationally, to coliving operators who are located outside of The Netherlands, in case the booking is for an international coliving operator.
How do we store and disclose your data?
Young Global Living securely stores your data on our protected and secured backend.
We will not disclose your personal data to third parties, except for your contact information, which is disclosed to the coliving operator in case you booked an accommodation of the aforementioned coliving operator.
We may use subcontractors, in which subcontractors may have access and/or process personal data on behalf of us. With subcontractors, we enter into data processing agreements, in which we stipulate that the subcontractor has to implement sufficient organisational and technical measures to avoid unlawful processing and that the subcontractor is only allowed to access and/or process the personal data in accordance with the agreed-upon purpose.
Your data may be shared to third parties that support our processes:
- Asana for booking, enquiry purposes and business development processes.
- Google Drive and One Drive to store backups
- Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities based in the Netherlands and other relevant jurisdictions require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
- Mailchimp for newsletters
- Exact Online for financial transactions
- Hyperguest for online bookings
We require all third parties to whom we transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Young Global Living follows a standard procedure of using log files for visitors. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and are a part of hosting services’ analytics. The information collected by log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
How do we secure your data?
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being (accidentally) lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. We limit access to your personal data to our employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know such data. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Our website is secured with an SSL certificate, to secure the communication between your device and our web server.
Young Global Living will only retain your personal data for as long as needed to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including to satisfy any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
By Dutch law, we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for five years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
We may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research, accounting or statistical purposes in which case we may use this data indefinitely without further notice to you.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see below for further information.